Palestinian Blogs

Life as I live it in occupied PALESTINE

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Things in my mind recently

..
I have been here for almost 20 days. So many things were in mind before I arrived, and so many other things came into my mind soon as I saw this 'new' reality and conditions I am in now..

Here are the few things I want to work on at the near future :

1. Try to find a permanent job. Choosing between the very little choices that I have is very diffcult, yet I see myself doomed to one choice day by day. I even someties see myself without anything to choose from.
2. Try to work out what I have learned and apply it on the ground. I know that I can easily put myself side by side among those who are 'speaking' about change and 'talking' about how to affect change , but I prefer to be the one DOING it, not TALKING about doing it.
3. Try to keep my spirits up. This is something that I have to constantly check and work on. The "default setting" here is frustration and depression, I have to keep booting my systems and updating them.

I will also have to think about my social life and start thinking about what I want my life to look like in the future. ( I mean : after LONG from now ).


The current war in Gaza and Lebanon is taking much from me. This is happening to me unconscioussly. I feel little frustrated and I want to concentrate more on my work, career, life, friends..but I simply cant do that.

Even if I wanted to, I won't be able to do that.

I think I just have to 'control' myself.
I think.... I think I don't know what to do, except to hold on and 'fight' all this negative input surrounding me.

Working to keep one's spirits is not bad I suppose. :)

4 Comments:

Blogger M. Simon said...

A look at the future

Tactics, Strategy, Grand Strategy

The coming fall of the Syrian regime at: Syria Has a Problem. Its days are numbered. Sixty to ninety days. Possibly less.

Iran is going too. The Palestinians will be forced to take what they can get.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Ingrid said...

Osaid, the hateful things never end until the peaceful ones among all of us outnumber those with disregard and disdain for human life. Until then, visit some of the blogs I mentioned in reply to your comment and be assured that there are plenty who are speaking up and trying to attempt to make the world at large a livable one for everyone, not just the few with the big guns and the big mouths or their big hateful hearts..chin up buddy!
Ingrid

10:43 AM  
Blogger AnneMoss said...

Hope things go well for you Osaid. I know how you feel about the current war, I feel drained of energy too often as well these days :( Fortunately, two kids at home don't let me get down for too long lol

I think living here in the Middle East, and even more so where you live, is a constant struggle to keep one's head up above all of this and try to develop a personal life, while not burying your head in the sand and ignoring reality.

I would love to hear more about life in Hebron from the Palestinian point of view. Thank you so much for this blog (I also emailed you btw).

8:12 AM  
Blogger Sahar said...

Hi Osaid..

Why u stopped blogging?

I have visited your blog several times without u writing anything?

hope all is well with u..?

9:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home